If there is any free open source CMS platform that can give competition to WordPress, world's most famous content management system, it is Joomla. A lot of businesses and coders place their faith on it. A very important point where Joomla really over takes WP is security.
Since long, coders have been testing its security and it has really outdone Wordpress and thus has come up as a platform preferred by those who like to go for security as compared with functionality (that Wordpress is a master of). Joomla 3.3 has been a revolution of sorts and if you want to know about Joomla web design benefits, a thorough understanding of the version 3.3 is a must.
- Security, as we all know it: Joomla is known for its web application security standards. While it has always out done other open source platforms like Wordpress and Magento in terms of security; the version 3.3 has really taken the security of your website to a new level. The version now requires PHP version 5.3.10 or above giving way to fewer PHP security holes and a stronger password encryption.
- Power to the front end: Out of all the changes that the new version has brought in, this one is probably the most user friendly (for non-technical people). New powers have now been bestowed to front end, eradicating the need for back end coding for editing modules. Now, administrators can perform various tasks on their own without taking aid of back end.
- Hail JQuery: This version has brought JQuery in, replacing Mootools. The core now will use only JQuery and that's why 3.3 has come with an inbuilt JQuery library. This means that the site's speed will be increased reducing various conflicts. It will also ensure better stability and a reduced troubleshooting time.
- Speed: The Joomla websites are now faster, thanks to jRouter. jRouter acts as a traffic director and can boost the speed by 10%.
- APIs to access cloud storage: Joomla now has APIs that connects its core with your external cloud storage devices, be it Yahoo or Google. Without any need of a third party extension, you can now use this cloud storage as content distribution networks thereby reducing costs on data storage. Such connectivity allows bigger projects to run smoothly. New powers have now been bestowed to front end, eradicating the need for back end coding for editing modules